I GENERAL PROVISIONS
2. The basis of these Regulations is in particular:
1) the Act of August 29, 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data;
2) the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of electronic services;
3) the Act of 23 April 1964 Civil Code;
4) the Act of 4 February 1994 on copyright and related rights;
5) the Act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights.
4. The conference is not a mass event within the meaning of the provisions of the Act of March 20, 2009 on the safety of mass events (Journal of Laws, 2009.62.504, as amended)
5. In matters related to the use of the Website or participation in the Conference, you can contact by e-mail, at firstname.lastname@example.org (in matters related to the conference and matters related to registration).
For the purposes of these Regulations, the following terms are ascribed:
1. Agenda – means a detailed program of the Conference set by the Organizer, made available on the Website after determining some or all of the Speakers. The Agenda made available by the Organizer is indicative and may change;
2. Conference – means the international conference on technologies in the mineral industry under the name APCOM 2019 organized by the Organizer on 4-6 June 2019, at the Congress Center of the Wrocław University of Technology, ul. Janiszewskiego 8, 50-372 Wrocław;
3. Organizer – means MT-Silesia Sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Wrocław (50-062), ul. Plac Solny 14A / 9, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for Wrocław-Fabryczna in Wrocław, 6th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS number: 0000395870, Tax Identification Number: 8971777787, REGON: 021717351, with share capital PLN 30,000, e-mail address: email@example.com, contact telephone number: +48 71 798 16 07;
5. Speaker – means a person authorized to give a lecture during the Conference, participation in the Conference as a Speaker requires registration also as a Participant;
6. Website – means the internet service available at the following URL: https://apcom.info, containing information about the Conference and enabling the participation of the Participant in the Conference via the Platform;
7. Platform – a website available at the electronic address https://tw9.apcom.info, which is redirected from the Website in order to register participation in the Conference as a Participant (Registration). The platform is offered as part of an online service maintained by MT-Silesia sp. O.o .;
8. Additional Benefits – means additional benefits to which eligible Participants participating in the Conference are described in detail in § 7 para. 1 lit. a and b of the Regulations;
9. User – means an adult natural person using the functionality of the Website, which makes registration (registration) of a Participant of the Conference using the Website, although the application may also be made to third parties;
10. Participant – means an adult natural person entitled to participate in the Conference and receive Additional Benefits, based on a declaration made by the User;
III TERMS OF USING THE SERVICE
1. Using the Website and all its functions requires access to the Internet and the use of a standard internet browser.
2. In order to ensure the security of data transmission sent via the Website, the Organizer applies technical and organizational measures appropriate to the level of threats related to the use of the Website.
3. The organizer declares that the public nature of the Internet and the use of electronic services may involve the risk of obtaining and modifying the Users and Participants by unauthorized persons, therefore Users should use appropriate technical measures that minimize the above risks. In particular, it is recommended to use anti-virus programs and protect the identity of those using the Internet.
4. The User is obliged to comply with the prohibition of abuse of the Website, in particular:
a) providing unlawful content, illegal content or decency;
b) providing content causing disruption of work or overloading the Website or systems used by entities that participate directly or indirectly in the provision of electronic services;
c) supplying content that may violate personal rights of third parties, copyrights, intellectual property rights, business secrets or which may in any other way violate the binding legal order or good manners;
d) the supply of malware (“malware”) content such as computer viruses, worms, “trojan horses”, spyware, wabbits, backdoors, “keyloggers” and other ;
e) providing content that sends commercial information (SPAM) unsolicited by recipients.
IV REGISTRATION OF PARTICIPANTS
2. The User submits the participation in the Conference as a Participant by completing and sending the Participant’s registration form made available on the Website.
3. In the Participant registration form available on the Platform, the User provides the following data: (i) Participant’s name and surname (ii) number of the Participant, (iii) Participant’s e-mail address (A ticket will be sent to this e-mail address, information about organization of the conference, therefore please direct
and the current e-mail address), (iv) the name of the Participant’s company. In addition, the User can optionally indicate additional options regarding accompanying events: visits to mines, trips, “evening programm”. It is also optional to provide VAT invoice details.
4. The User becomes bound by the terms of these Regulations as soon as he accepts its provisions. The acceptance of the provisions of the Regulations takes place during the registration process to the Website, by confirming the selection of the appropriate field containing a statement regarding the acceptance of the Regulations, under
the registration form, and then sending the form together with the above a statement to the Organizer’s IT system.
5. The User is obliged to complete the registration form correctly and in accordance with the actual state. The Organizer is not liable for damages resulting from the introduction to the registration form, wrong User data or for any other damage or lost profits, regardless of the basis of their creation.
6. The registration procedure (Registration) of Participants takes place in the following stages:
a) the User completes and sends the application form available on the Website,
b) verification by the Organizer of the data of Participants who have been nominated to participate in the Conference based on the application form completed by the User,
c) The organizer reserves the right to positive or negative verification of applications. Each Participant will be informed about the result of the verification by email.
d) positive verification of the application by the Organizer or Organizer, resulting in sending an e-mail (via e-mail of the Participant indicated during the registration process) confirmation of participation in the Conference.
7. By sending the supplemented form to the Organizer, the User submits to the Organizer an offer to conclude an agreement on participation in the Conference. The Organizer confirms receipt of the offer by sending an e-mail confirming registration to the e-mail address of the Participant. At the moment of sending this message to the Participant, between the Organizer and the Participant, an agreement for participation in the Conference is concluded.
8. By submitting the application, the Speaker gives the Organizer a non-exclusive license to use the materials provided to the Organizer in connection with participation in the Conference. The consent also includes the use of the image of the Speaker (“Rights”). The license includes:
a) in the field of recording and reproduction – recording and reproduction of Rights by any technique, including printing, reprographic and digital techniques, on all types of media, including CD and semiconductor carriers, as well as entering and sending Rights to the memory of ICT systems;
b) in the scope of dissemination – leasing, lending and placing on the market of carriers on which the Rights were recorded;
c) in the scope of dissemination in a way other than indicated in point b above – making available in such a way that everyone has access to Rights in the place and time of their choice, display, broadcast and reemit, both terrestrial and satellite, broadcast of Rights in the streaming system, both live, as well as on request.
The license is granted subject to the approval of participation in the Conference as a Speaker.
V RESIGNATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONFERENCE AND COMPLAINTS
1. A user who is a consumer (ie a natural person who performs a legal action not directly related to his business or professional activity and has full legal capacity [understood as an unmanaged adult person who may perform legal actions on their own behalf]), is entitled to withdraw from the contract concluded with the Organizer without incurring any costs and without stating the reasons within 14 days from the day of concluding the contract in accordance with the provisions of par. 4 par. 7 of the Regulations.
2. A declaration of withdrawal should be made in writing. To comply with the deadline referred to in paragraph 1 above, it is sufficient to send a statement by registered mail to the address of the Organizer. The declaration of withdrawal from the contract may also be submitted in electronic form and sent to the Organizer at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Information about the change of the Participant should be notified to the Organizer no later than 14 days before the beginning of the Conference. The change of the Participant requires re-filling the registration form and providing the User with information on the change of the Participant to the e-mail address: email@example.com.
4. Any complaints may be submitted by the User to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Organizer’s address.
5. A complaint regarding the course of the Conference may be submitted within 14 days from the day of closing the Conference. The date of receipt of the complaint shall be the date of receipt of the complaint to the Organizer. The organizer undertakes to consider the complaint within 14 days from the date of its submission.
VI ORDER REGULATIONS
1. Participants of the Conference are obliged to behave in a way that does not threaten the safety of other Participants and Speakers, comply with the law and the Regulations, as well as immediately follow the orders of the security services. It is forbidden to terraces and blocking exits and escape routes, and other devices necessary in the event of rescue or fire-fighting operations during the Conference.
2. It is forbidden to bring to the Conference area, as well as the Participants, during the Conference, of weapons, explosives, pyrotechnic articles, fire-hazardous materials, alcoholic beverages, narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances. It is forbidden to bring to the Conference area and hold Participants during the Conference other dangerous items, in particular sharp, heavy, hard or other that may pose a danger to life and health of Participants and Speakers.
3. The items listed above, before entering the Conference area, should be forwarded by the Participant to the cloakroom or Organizer for the duration of the Conference.
4. The Organizer may also refuse to enter and stay at the Conference to persons whose behavior may pose a threat to other Participants and Speakers. The organizer has the right to remove such Participant from the Conference.
5. Participants at the Conference are obliged to respect the rights and personal dignity of other Participants and Speakers. Participants and Speakers are subject to an absolute ban on harassing other Participants and Speakers. For harassment: offensive verbal comments on gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, intimidation, persecution, improper physical contact and unwanted sexual attention. In addition, during the Conference it is prohibited to use words and symbols commonly recognized as prohibited, including profanity or terms that may cause offense of religious or ideological feelings, and indications of discrimination.
6. It is forbidden to destroy markings and information boards, advertising media, devices and equipment located in the Conference. Participants are required to use sanitary facilities only for their intended purpose.
7. Participants are obliged to report immediately to the Organizer any instances of inappropriate behavior (in particular those indicated in the above) other Participants or Speakers.
VII. PARTICIPATION IN THE CONFERENCE
1. Participation in the Conference as a Participant entitles you to access all the lectures indicated in the Agenda, as well as to obtain the following Additional Benefits:
a) receiving one set of conference materials;
b) participation of the Participant in coffee and lunch breaks organized by the Organizer on each day of the Conference (catering provided by the Organizer).
2. The Organizer has predicted four categories of tickets for the Conference: Regular Participant, Student, Author (including Speaker), Partner. The cost of tickets includes the tax on goods and services (VAT). The Platform will display messages informing which categories of tickets for the Conference are available.
3. The Regulations provide for the following methods of payment:
- on-line payment: payment by credit card. The payment method supported by PayU Sp. z o.o.
- offline payment: payment by electronic transfer.
4. The number of seats at the Conference and technical sessions is limited.
5. The Organizer ensures that it will make every effort to guarantee the highest quality of the Conference, as described in its Agenda.
6. The organizer does not provide and does not cover the Participant’s travel and accommodation costs in connection with his participation in the Conference.
7. The conference can be filmed and photographed only by the Organizer. It is forbidden to record and take photos by Participants during the Conference without prior consent of the Organizer.
8. The organizer reserves the right to register and publish audiovisual materials related to the course of the Conference and to make these materials available to third parties.
9. Participation in the event is combined with consent to the free use of the image of each Participant. The Organizer may record the course of the Conference for the purpose of documentation of the Conference or for advertising and promotional purposes as well as information of the Organizer. The organizer may use such a recording or photo or fragment thereof, including the image of the Participant or other person staying at the Conference, without time and territorial restrictions, without having to pay remuneration for using the image, in all fields of exploitation, including the fields of exploitation specified in art 50 of the Act on Copyright and Related Rights (Journal of Laws No. 24, item 83, as amended), in particular through its recording, reproduction, circulation and dissemination, including displaying, displaying, reproducing and broadcasting, remitting and publicly sharing in such a way that everyone can have access to him in a place and time chosen by him.
10. A person who does not consent, referred to in the preceding paragraph, is obliged to inform the Organizer by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address: email@example.com, which should take place after Registration and before the beginning of the Conference .
VIII. THE RIGHT OF THE ORGANIZER
1. The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the Conference’s Agenda and this may not constitute grounds for directing any claims of a financial nature against him. Any changes to the Conference Agenda entered by the Organizer will be available on the Website.
2. The organizer also reserves the right to change the date, place or duration of the Conference. The Participants will be informed by email about any changes to the e-mail address provided during registration.
3. The organizer reserves the right to cancel the Conference in case of random events. The participants will be informed about the cancellation of the Conference by e-mail to the e-mail address provided during registration.
IX. RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ORGANIZER
1. The organizer is not responsible for:
a) any damage caused as a result of using the materials made available during the Conference by Participants or Speakers in a manner inconsistent with the law or the Regulations;
b) any damage caused by the cessation of the Conference if it occurred due to the fault of the User / Participant or due to a breach of law or the Regulations;
c) any damages arising in connection with the User / Participant’s use of materials, data and information made available as part of the Conference’s provision for economic, investment, business, etc .;
e) Items of Participants that may be lost, damaged or stolen during the Conference.
X OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT
1. The organizer, by providing the Participants with information disseminated via the Website, pays particular attention to the need to respect intellectual property rights.
2. The Organizer informs that the Website contains copyrighted documents, trademarks and other original materials, in particular texts, photos, graphics and sounds, programs and video materials. The layout used and the choice of presented content used on the Website is an independent subject of copyright protection.
3. Users undertake to use all materials presented to them only for their own personal use. Modification, copying, transmission, public performance and any use of this content for commercial purposes requires prior written consent of the Organizer or by another authorized entity.
4. Any form of use by Users or for third parties (via the Website) from copyrighted materials, including copying, transmission and public sharing on the Internet may only take place with the consent of authorized entities. Users bear full responsibility for any damage caused as a result of their contradictory behavior.
XI PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
2. The administrator is the Organizer of the Conference: MT-Silesia Sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Wrocław (50-062), ul. Plac Solny 14A / 9, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for Wrocław-Fabryczna in Wrocław, 6th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS number: 0000395870, Tax Identification Number: 8971777787, REGON: 021717351, with share capital PLN 30,000, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, contact telephone number: +48 71 798 16 07;
3. Providing personal data is voluntary, however, it is necessary to use the Website in full and to register the Conference Participants.
4. Each Participant of the Conference has the right to inspect their data made available during registration on the Website, as well as to correct and delete them.
5. The Organizer and third parties with which the Organizer cooperates, process personal data of the User and Participant, provided in the registration form, for the purpose related to the conclusion and performance of the agreement on participation in the Conference (implementation of processes related to the organization and ensuring full participation in the Conference). The basis for the processing of personal data is Article 23 par. 1 point 3 of the Act of 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data.
6. Apart from the cases mentioned above, the Organizer provides personal data in cases where the mandatory legal provisions require it.
7. The administrator shall take all appropriate security measures in accordance with generally accepted rules to protect the confidentiality of information. Information of special importance, including personal data, is encrypted prior to transmission from the User.
XII FINAL PROVISIONS
1. Unless otherwise stated in these Regulations, the contact between the Organizer and the User will be carried out electronically:
a) from the Participant via the e-mail address indicated in the form,
b) from the Organizer’s website via e-mail address: email@example.com.
2. All comments regarding the Website activity should be submitted to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Recognition of individual provisions of these Regulations in a manner prescribed by law as invalid or ineffective shall not affect the validity or effectiveness of the remaining provisions of the Regulations. In place of an invalid provision, the rule that is closest to the purposes of the invalid provision and all of these Regulations will be applied.
5. The current Regulations are published on the website of the Website in the form enabling its downloading in PDF format. The Regulations may also be provided free of charge to the Participant, at his request, to the e-mail address provided during registration.
6. The organizer reserves the right to change the Regulations. Each time the Rules are amended, the Participants will be informed via a message placed on the Website, within 14 days before the day of the planned entry into force of this change. In the event that the Participant does not agree to change the Regulations, he should during this period
inform the Organizer about this. No consent to the new content of the Regulations is deemed as termination of the contract referred to in art. 384 §1 of the Civil Code, effective as of the expiration of the deadline for expressing objections to changes in the Regulations. Until the end of this period of the Participant, the previous provisions shall apply.
7. The law applicable to the contract between the Participant and the Organizer, the subject of which are services provided under the conditions set out in these Regulations, is the Polish law.
8. Settlement of any disputes arising between the Organizer and the Participant shall be subject to the competent courts in accordance with the provisions of the relevant provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure.
9. Any disputes arising between the Organizer and the Participant who is a consumer (ie a natural person performing a legal action not related directly to its business or professional activity, having full legal capacity [understood as an unmanaged adult person who he may perform legal actions on his own behalf]) may be settled amicably. Details on the methods and access to extrajudicial forms of dispute resolution can be found at: https://www.uokik.gov.pl/pozasadowe_rozwiazywanie_sporow_konsumenckich.php
10. The date specified below is the date of validity of the Regulations in the latest version. March 6, 2019