3.6.2019 Welcoming Reception
Pre-registration and welcoming reception at the IBIS Styles hotel (link, included in registrations)
6.6.2019 Conference Day 3
Partner Program: Bus tour to Krakow (link, optional min. 20 participants)
7.6.2019 Field Trips (link, separate tickets needed)
– KGHM Rudna Mine (max. 12 participants)
– KGHM Polkowice Mine (max. 12 participants)
– KGHM Lubin Mine (max. 12 participants)
– KGHM above ground mine installations (max. 15 participants)
– KGHM Glogow Smelter (max. 15 participants)
– KGHM Legnica Smelter (max. 15 participants)
– Coal Mine in Upper Silesia (under preparation)
– Open Pit Lignite mine (under preparation)
8.6.2019 – 10.6.2019 APCOM Post Conference hike in the Karkonosze mountains (link)
- Day 1: Transfer from Wroclaw to Karpacz, hike to the ride (max. 800m altitude gain, ca. 12km, 3-4 hrs walk, overnight stay at Lucni Bouda (Link), a Czech Microbrewery in the high meadows with brewing water originating from the source of the Elbe river.
- Day 2: Walk from Lucni bouda to the top of Sniezka (1602m, the highest peak in Karkonosze mountains), further on the ridge to Mala Upa (Cz). Walking distance ca. 10km (3h), ca. 300m altitude gain. Overnight stay at the hostel of the Trautenberk microbrewery (link).
- Day 3: Transfer from Lucni bouda back to Wroclaw. Arrival at about noon.
This is a high mountain tour, so please bring good hiking boots and clothing for potentially cold and wet conditions (not only in the breweries…)! A good physical condition is required!
8.6.2019 – 12.6.2019 Optional bus trip “Cultural gems of western Poland” (link)
Currently under preparation, Planned visits of Lubiaz monastry (link), Legnica, Jelenia Gora, Karpacz, Kreszow, Ksiaz Castle, Stara Kolpalnia in Walbrzych, Peace church in Swidnica, Krzyżowa, Nowa Ruda, Kudowa Zdoj, Paper museum in Duszniki Zdroj, Kamieniec Castle.